Table of Contents
Here in this tutorial, I will show you the simple method to start your own blog for free. Now, before we begin this tutorial, you might be wondering like why only blogger platform for blogging? Why not other, right?
Why Choose Blogger (Blogspot) Platform?
Only because blogger is powered and hosted by the Google, and we all know that Google is trusty enough compared to other alternatives. And the best part about it is that they provide simple drag and drop navigation system to let anyone start their own blog.
Once you learn the blogging basics and have some experience, you can migrate your blog to the most powerful blogging platform, known as WordPress Self-hosted platform and become more professional with it.
How to select Niche of your new blog?
Make a list of your interests or hobbies.
Which topics fascinate you?
Ask yourself, which topics you like most. Blogging is all about long-term investment, so you need to choose the topics you are expert at, and the topics you will love to share from your own point of view.
Below are some of the key points, that you should always focus on before creating a new blog.
How to Create a Blog for Free on Blogspot?
In order to create your first blog, you need to head over to the blogger website and sign up using your Gmail account.
While the creation of your blog, for a first time user, you will see an option to use the identity from your Google Plus profile, or you can use your limited BlogSpot profile. Remember, you can always change the author profile for your blog.
So, lets begin..!
1. The first thing you need to do is open Google.com on your pc, laptop or mobile and type blogger.com. Then, click on the first link of the official blogger site to sign in with your Gmail account.
3. Now, your 3rd step is to sign in on google with your present Gmail address. But if you don’t have a Gmail address, create a new one below the box.
5. Now, you are one step away from creating your first free blog. Now you have to select a title for your blog and the template, don’t worry you can pick any title and change the theme whenever you want.
Now the main part is to select the address for your blog, so choose something new and unique because once you select the address you cannot change it. It will be the permanent address for your blogging site.
6. Finally, your blog is created. So, now you need to understand how to write a post or how to change your layout. That’s why I had posted a screenshot given below. Remember, once you have a few blog posts up and running, you can go to “Earnings” and apply to AdSense from your blog, this will allow you to earn money from your free BlogSpot blog.
7. So your blog is almost ready and you can start writing posts. Remember you can always customize your blog templates whenever you want.
Very easy right! But still something is missing, isn’t it? Now your next goal would be to add “widgets or plugins” on your blog.
Now, what is a widget?
For your ease, you can watch “How to Create A Free Blog on Blogspot Platform” video tutorial that I’ve created to help you understand well.
Now finally, you’ve got your first own blog on the most popular blogging platform.
Now, after the creation of your site, your next task is to submit your site on the popular webmaster tools so that you can start appearing in their search results.
You can also consider changing blog template to premium ones so that your site always look attractive and professional.
At last, here are some hand pick contents for you, that you should try next.