Table of Contents
Well, if you are then let me tell you that there are different ways you can setup free (.tk, .ml, .ga, .cf, etc.) Domains for your blogger blog.
In order to set up a free domain name, you don’t have to spend a single penny, all you need to do is create a free blog and follow the necessary steps for setting up the free domain with blogger.
Here in this tutorial, we will show you one of the simple methods to integrate your blog with free domains.
So, let’s get started…
For your ease, I have divided the tutorial into two parts. In the first part, I will be showing you the method to purchase a free domain and in the second part, we will set up the domain with blogger.
How to Register Free Custom Domain
2. Now a list of free domain names will appear with .tk, .ml, .ga, .cf domain extensions. Choose your desired address and hit the “Get it now” button and click on “Checkout”.
4. Now you need to sign up using your Gmail or Social Media account to review and check out the domain. Enter your Gmail address and click “Verify my Email address”.
5. A verification link will be sent to your given Gmail account. Open your Gmail address and click on the verification link to verify your email address.
6. After verifying email, you will be redirected to the final review and checkout page, where you need to add your personal information and click on “Complete order”.
7. Order confirmation is complete and now they will provide you a unique order number for the free domain. Now, hit ” Click here to go to your client area”.
Congratulations! You have successfully booked a free custom domain name and now, we need to integrate the domain with blogger using the second part.
Read: How to Verify New blog in Google Webmaster tools
How to Add Free Custom Domain to Blogger
4. Now we need to Add new records to DNS Management for connecting your domain with blogger. First, you need to add 4 “A” records and then 2 CNAME records.
Copy the A records and paste, same as the below picture. Leave name section as blank, Type and TTL as default.
5. Now, login to blogger, go to Settings > Basic and under publishing click on “+Setup a 3rd party URL for your blog”.
7. It will show Error 9, don’t worry, everything is under control. Copy the 1 and 2 CNAME and go back to Freenom DNS Management page.
Congratulations, You have successfully configured Freenom domain name with your blog on blogger.
Read: How to Add New Blog to Bing and Yahoo Search Engine
You’re not done yet.
Now, your blog will look like this “http://proudzones.ml/” which is served as an unencrypted connection by default blogger.
How to Setup HTTPS in Blogger?
1. Login to blogger and go to Settings > Basic > HTTPS and then make “HTTPS Availability” as “Yes”.
2. Now you need to wait for a while to let your blog transfer from HTTP to HTTPS. It will hardly take around 30 sec. to 1 minutes, till then keep reloading the page and once processing is been completed, select “Yes” in the “HTTPS Redirection”.
You can also renew your free domain for the next 12 months as soon as it gets expired.
Now It’s your turn to share this post and share your opinions and doubts in the comments section below.