Table of Contents
As, we all know that bad backlinks can hurt your SEO, ranking, and even penalize your blog from search results. Thus, it is essential to remove bad links right away you get to know.
In our last post, we have discussed beginners guide to backlinks. So, in this content, you will learn what is backlinks, why and how to eliminate them effectively.
Generally, bad backlinks are considered as spammy links. Those types of links are unhealthy for your site as nowadays, the link building method is banned by Google and any other search engines.
So, it is essential to remove them once you get to know about it.
Now, the question is how do we get to know about those bad links?
The answer is simple!
If you are reading this content then definitely you are using Webmaster tools, right?
After verifying your site in the Google webmaster tools, you can easily analyze all the backlinks of your site.
These all are the backlinks that linked my blog. Similarly, you can also analyze all of your backlinks directly from your Search Console account.
Now, in order to identify bad links from all of your backlinks, you need to manually check all the URLs one by one and then you will get to know about those bad links.
What is Google disavow tool and how can we use it?
Disavow means the system that notifies search engines about the spam URLs or suggests search engines to avoid those type of links.
With the modern era, Google does update their system more frequently. Thus, in order to track and remove spammy and unwanted links, they have launched the disavow tool in 2003 to remove spammy links of a website.
A person with a search console account and property can simply get access to the disavow tool situated in the search console.
Now that you have learned about the bad links and disavow tool, it is time to check and analyze your existing backlinks.
1. Login to your Search Console and open your verified property.
2. Click on Search Traffic and press on Links to your site.
3. These all are your backlinks, now click on more.
4. Choose and select the bad backlink you want to exclude, and click on it.
5. Now, you’ll see which URL of your site is linked. Again, click on the URL to know the exact page of the spam site, where you URL is placed.
6. These all are the bad URLs of the spam domain, Copy the spam website’s links and follow the below step.
Here are a few cotents for reading up next: