Table of Contents
There are many trusted domain name registering sites available nowadays, and GoDaddy is one of them.
You can get your first domain name at a very low price from GoDaddy by using promo codes. After purchasing your domain name, it is time to connect the domain with your site.
Read: How to configure free custom domain name on Blogger.
How to Integrate Custom Domain Name on Blogger
1. After getting the domain name, log in to your blogger account and go to the dashboard.
2. In your dashboard, click on Settings, and then open the basic page.
3. In the basic page, click on +Setup a third-party URL for your blog, under publishing header.
4. Enter your new domain name including, “www,” for example, “www.example.com,” is an exact format.
5. After adding the domain, choose ‘no,’ if you want your site to hosted by the Google itself, or select ‘yes’, if you have a hosting plan and then press the save button.
6. In the third party domain settings header, you will see an error. Don’t worry, it is obvious. Now, we need to fix the error, so minimize this page.
7. Open your GoDaddy account, and go to my products.
8. Choose the domain you want to configure and click on DNS to make entries.
You can watch this video to know more about DNS management.
9. Open the minimized third-party domain settings page, and now you will need to make to two CNAME entries on the DNS. Select CNAME in the type section, add ‘www‘ in the host section, again insert ‘ghs.google.com‘ in the points to section and let TTL remain in 1 hour and then click on save.
10. Now, open the blogger minimized page, and copy the second CNAME entry and paste it on the DNS manager, again.
11. Wait, it’s not done, yet. Now, you will need to make 3 additional entries of these numbers by selecting A as CNAME.
12. After filling all the necessary fields, go back to the blogger settings page, and press save.
Congrats! It is done.
Now, you’ll need to wait for a while to let the domain connect with your site. Till then, open your blog, keep refreshing and soon you see, that the new domain is linked with your site.
How to enable HTTPS on blogger custom domain
After connecting the domain to your site, you have the option to enable the HTTPS encrypted protocol on your blog and show SSL Certificate free.
So, why not to use the feature for free?
If you unaware of SSL, then take a look at this video to know more about SSL Certificate.
1. In your dashboard, click on settings and open the basic page.
2. Under the HTTPS header, click ‘Yes’ on the HTTPS availability option.
3. Wait for few moments to allow visitors to view your blog over an encrypted connection.
4. Now, click on ‘yes’ under the HTTPS Redirect header, to let your visitors redirect to the secured connection while serving over HTTP.
Congrats! You’ve successfully enabled secured connection on your site over the custom domain.
After configuring the custom domain name with blogger, you will need to resubmit your site on popular webmaster tools to let search engines crawl and index the new URL’s associated with your blog.
Here are some handpick contents that can help you out, up next.
- How to Verify blog and website in Google Webmaster tools
- How to Submit Sitemap XML file to Google Webmaster tools
- Getting Started with a New blog in Bing Webmaster Tools
- 10 Ways Webmaster tools can help your Blog to Drive More Traffic